Tuesday, March 31, 2015

You Have My Heart

It is no secret that I adore stamping and I am always looking for a way to stretch my stamps even further. I was trying to figure out a way to stamp out a background without using the whole stamp and avoid getting those harsh lines. I decided to try inking only some of the stamp and then taking a damp baby wipe and blotting off the edges of the stamp removing a bit more ink and softening the look. I stamped this image twice next to each other to create the background going across the page. I love the way it turned out. I was able to treat it just like it was a layer of pattern paper and build my layout right on top of it.



2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Dani, I have a note to say it's your birthday today! Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day. Lovely page and the tip on stamping is one I will try to remember, just as soon as I get back to scrapping again :) Elizabeth xx

Stephanie said...

I love your layout! It's so gorgeous. All that gold glitter ^__^