Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Mixed Media With Camp Scrap

Playing along with May Flaum, in Camp Scrap, but instead of doing mixed media on a canvas, I decided to do it on a layout. I used the Dear Lizzy Daydreamer collection along with playing with some gesso and neocolors. I love these watercolor crayons for use on top of gesso. The color glides around really smoothly until it dries. One tip though is to let each color dry thoroughly before you add the next so that your colors don't blend. Unless that is the look you are going for. I cut hearts out of one of the pattern papers and layered them with vellum and paper hearts that I punched out. A touch of mist and a sprinkle of enamel dots and I called it done.


Thanks for looking!
Dani

2 comments:

Victoria H. said...

Oh how very pretty, love the soft pretty look you achieved and all the lovely details you added.

Cindypurplehappy said...

Really cute LO! Love the colors you used, and the embellies.